How to use Kaltura Go
This article describes how to upload a video from your mobile phone to your My Media on Kaltura using the free Kaltura Go app (on iOS or Android)
Download KMS Go
- Download the Kaltura MediaSpace Go app from the iOS App Store or the Google Play Store.
- Click Open.
Login to KMS Go
- Enter your site’s address https://nuigalway.mediaspace.kaltura.com/ Note that “https://“ is required to be entered before the site address.
- Select whether to use the app as a Guest, OR Login for a richer experience:
- Log In – Go to “My Page” by tapping the person icon on the top left on the Home Page.
- Tap LOGIN.
- Enter your credentials.
Create and Upload Media
The Upload icon is located on the bottom right of the KMS GO Home page. Use the Upload icon to add media from your existing photos, or to create media using your iOS or Android device camera to upload to KMS Go.
To create/upload content
- Start from the Home page.
- Tap the Upload icon to begin the upload process. Depending on your configuration you may be required to login.You can choose to Upload existing media from the device's Photos gallery, or to create media using your device's Camera.
- Select where you want to upload media from.
- Tap on the video you want to upload. The video is displayed in a new screen with the trim tool.
- (Optional) You can select to trim the Media from either end or opt to continue uploading the video as is.
- Drag the anchor left or right, or on both ends, to trim. A preview of the trimmed video is displayed.
- Select Back if you decide to cancel the trimming process and return to the original video.
NOTE: After a video is trimmed, it is automatically saved. The old video isn’t altered in any way, but instead a new video file is created.
- Tap Next to continue with the upload process.
- Enter a title for the media.
You can always change the title later
- Tap "Enter" on the keyboard to dismiss the screen. The Upload information page is displayed.
- You may choose to upload the video later by selecting I will upload later. A copy of your media will remain in your device gallery. or continue with the upload process .
- Once uploaded the uploaded video is now available for viewing depending on your publishing settings. You can easily find it in My Page in My Media on your phone or a browser window on your computer, or within My Media on Blackboard.