Large Collaborate Sessions (up to 500 attendees)
Your Blackboard Course room has a capacity of up to 250 students. If you need a larger session, you will need to manually create a new single or repeating session, and make the adjustments specified below.
Turn on webinar mode
You can create a session to support up to 500 attendees. To help manage the increased number of attendees, webinar sessions have these limitations:
- Webinar sessions can't be longer than 24 hours in length
- Attendees see a maximum of 2 videos at a time
- Participant permissions are turned off.
- Moderators can turn on chat while in the session.
- Breakout groups aren't available
- Session ends and attendees are removed at the scheduled end time
To create a session in webinar mode, go to the Session Settings and select Allow 250+ attendees to join.
Note that participants chat will be turned off by default, but this can be turned on within the session: