How to use TurningPoint application (Classic) to create Questions
This article will step you through how to create interactive questions in your PowerPoint presentations, ask verbal question in a live session and get a response. Creating questions via the TurningPro web app
With this software, the content and results of your TurningPoint questions are self-contained to your computer. You can then use it to poll in PowerPoint, over top of any application or deliver self-paced assessments.
To create questions within PowerPoint, you must download the TurningPoint Classic software. Click here for instructions
Inserting an Interactive slide into PowerPoint
- Open the TurningPoint application
- From the application click on Start Now under PowerPoint Polling. This will open up PowerPoint with TurningPoint as apart of the ribbon
- In PowerPoint click on TurningPoint and select New.
- Select the type of interactive side you would like to use. There are several slide types available, including multiple choice, short answer, etc.
- Enter question text in field provided and answer options where appropriate on the slide. You can also change the settings to show scores, or change any settings on each slide.
- Click outside of the text box.
- Repeat as many times as needed to create your presentation.
- When finished, save the presentation by selecting File > Save/Save As.
Click here to watch a video on how to create an interactive slide
Step 1: Open up the TuringPoint Application software
Step 2. Select your course (optional), if you wish to track student responses based on your course's class roster
Step 3. Start the Session (and use a reserved session if you are using this regularly, so your students will know the session ID to connect to more easily).
Step 4: Launch the Powerpoint Polling option, and select your powerpoint file.
Students will join with their Turning Point app or via http://ttpoll.eu and you will need to communicate to them the session ID to connect to your live session.
When a question in your slide appears, this will display for them on their mobile device or browser window for them to respond.
Details on how to create reports from a live class please watch this video here
At the end of class, you can Save the session or Save Session and upload results if you wish for the responses to be uploaded to Blackboard.