How To Use My Media (Blackboard) to Submit A Student Video Assignment
This article describes how a student can submit a video assignment via Kaltura My Media on Blackboard. The steps below will guide you through the process of locating a video from your My Media space and attaching it to your individual Blackboard Assignment Link. This process will upload your video assignment to Blackboard for marking by your course instructor(s).
Submit Your Blackboard Assignment
When you have your video assignment completed, and uploaded to My Media, the below instructions will guide you through the Blackboard Video Assignment submission process:
- To begin, log in to your Blackboard Course.
- To access your Blackboard Assessment, click on the Assessments section of your course (e.g. you may need to also access a relevant Assignments subfolder).
Your instructor can add assignments to different areas of your course. You might access assignments from a link on the course menu called "Assessments" or "Assignments." Or, your instructor might incorporate assignments into each week's content. Ask your instructor if you have questions about how your course is organised.
- Your instructor will have also created an individual Assignment title link containing details for your assignment (e.g. such as Week 4: Assignment 1, or Coaching Video Upload Link).
- Click on the relevant Assignment link.
- Scroll down the Assignment Information form that appears until you reach the ASSIGNMENT SUBMISSION section. Click on Write Submission.
This process can also be used to submit assignments of varying types including images, audio, and text.
- On the content editor that appears, click the 'more' (the three dots ( ... )) to expand the text box toolbar.
- Click on the Add Content (the plus sign ( + )) icon to access your Kaltura My Media library:
- From the options list that appears, select Kaltura Media Submission.
- Your My Media gallery will now open. Any videos you have previously created and uploaded to your private My Media library will now be visible (e.g. if you used KMS Go to upload your video assignment).
Further information on how to upload a video to My Media can be found at How to use KMS Go to Upload Video to your My Media (Blackboard) or Adding Video/Audio to Blackboard using My Media.
- Locate the previously uploaded video you wish to use for your assignment. Click Embed.
- You will now see your video in the textbox area of the Assignment Submission content editor window.
- Click Submit to complete your submission.
- You will be shown a Success message across the top of your Blackboard page to confirm that your video assignment has successfully submitted.
- You can see your submission receipt in My Grades (My Marks) section of Blackboard, under the Submitted tab.
- Click the OK button in the bottom-right corner of the page, to close the success window.
Via the Grade Centre, your instructor can now watch the video assignment, and mark it as they would any other Blackboard assignment.
Articles in this Series
Read the other articles in this series:
- Kaltura Go (KMS Go) Overview
- How to Use KMS Go to Upload Video To Your My Media (Blackboard)
- Upload Video From Your Computer To Your My Media (Blackboard)
- How to Use My Media (Blackboard) to Submit a Student Video Assignment