Kaltura – Videos not playing in Blackboard – 3rd party cookies
Some people using Mac Safari or Google Chrome will see an error message when accessing Kaltura pages in Blackboard. The message states: It seems your browser is blocking 3rd party session cookies which are required for the Kaltura application. To resolve this issue, please update your settings to allow 3rd party cookies.
- In Mac Safari, click Safari on the top left side of your window.
- Click Preferences
- Click Privacy.
- Uncheck the box called Prevent cross-site tracking.
- Revisit or refresh your Blackboard My Media or Media Gallery or the course module page. You should now see the video come up without any error messages.
- Go back to Preferences and check the box called Prevent cross-site tracking.
- Closeout your Preferences window.
- Go back to Blackboard and click to refresh the page. The video should now work.
- Go to your browser window and type chrome://settings.
- Click Privacy and Security
- Click on Site Settings
- Click on Cookies and site data.
- Here you will have two ways to turn on 3rd party cookies
- A. Enable Block third-party cookies, or
- B. Go to Allow and add [*]Kaltura.com. This will make an exception for Kaltura to load up in Blackboard.