How To Use Kaltura Go (KMS Go) To Upload Video To Your My Media (Blackboard)
This article describes how to upload a video from your mobile phone to your My Media space on Blackboard using the free Kaltura Go (KMS Go) app (on iOS or Android).
For further information on how to download, connect, and log in to the NUI Galway Kaltura Go Page, read the Kaltura Go (KMS Go) Overview.
Create/Upload Media Content
Use the Upload icon to add media from your existing photos, or to create media using your iOS or Android device's camera and upload to KMS Go.
- At the bottom of the Kaltura Go "Home Page", locate the Upload icon.
- Tap the Upload icon to begin the upload process. Depending on your configuration you may be required to login.
- Choose the location you wish to upload your media from (e.g. Camera, Gallery, or Cloud).
- Tap Gallery to upload media from your camera's video/photo gallery.
- Tap on the video you want to upload, and from the bottom-right corner of the screen, tap Choose.
- The video is displayed in a new screen with the trim tool visible. You can trim the video from either end, or opt to continue uploading the video as it is.
- OPTIONAL: To trim the video, drag the edge of the video in towards the centre from either the left, or the right side. A preview of the trimmed video is displayed.
- Select Cancel if you decide to cancel the trimming process and return to the original video.
- Tap Done to continue with the upload process. Your video will now play.
NOTE: After a video is trimmed, it is automatically saved. The old video is not altered in any way. Instead, a new video file is created.
- On the screen that next appears, click into the space provided and enter a title for the media.
- Tap Done to dismiss the title screen. The "Upload Information" page is displayed.
- At the top-right corner of the screen, tap the UPLOAD button.
You can always change the title at a later time, if you so choose.
- Tap No to halt publishing the video at this point. The video will be uploaded to My Media on Blackboard. A copy of your media will remain in your device gallery.
- Once uploaded the video will become available in your Blackboard My Media section (dependent on your publishing settings), or on your Kaltura Go page, My Media section, in the app.
Accessing your Video on Blackboard
- Log in to Blackboard.
- On right-side of the NUI Galway Blackboard page, scroll down and click on the link to My Media.
- You should see your recently uploaded video at the top of the list of videos.
Articles In This Series
Read other articles in this series:
- Kaltura Go (KMS Go) Overview
- How to Use KMS Go to Upload Video to your My Media (Blackboard)
- Upload Video From Your Computer To Your My Media (Blackboard)
- How to Use My Media (Blackboard) to Submit a Student Video Assignment