How to Access (and Grade) Your Student Turnitin Assignments
This article explains how an instructor can access a Turnitin student assignment for grading on Blackboard.
To access the submitted papers and the similarity reports, the instructor clicks on the same Turnitin Assignment link created at Stage 1 (Note: This is the same link students used to directly upload their assignment to your Blackboard course. )
You will see a message that "Almost there --- we're launching the selected LTI tool". After this, Turnitin will open. You will see a list of all your students and their submissions.
From here you can access:
- Paper title to see the full paper submitted (under Paper Title),
- Viewed: Once the Feedback Release Date is reached, the symbol under Viewed will indicate if the student has accessed their feedback or not.
- Grade: access Feedback Studio to add marks, comments and voice feedback if wished
- Similarity: access the Similarity Report
- Options: Uploading a paper on behalf of your student (if they have given their permission);
- Download All: Downloading a paper; or Deleting a paper. You download papers and similarity reports in bulk, by selecting the papers to be downloaded using the tick boxes on the left, and then choosing Download All or Download Selected at the top right.
Note that Deleting a paper here will simply allow a student to resubmit – it does not remove the paper from the Turnitin Repository.
Grading your assignment (Turnitin Feedback Studio Walkthrough)
This video describes a variety of features under Grading and how they can be used.
How does your student access the similarity report and/or feedback?
Your student can view the similarity report (where permitted) or to view feedback (after the Feedback Release Date) by accessing the same Turnitin Assignment link as described above or by viewing the My Grade link.