How do I make a recording in Powerpoint?
Powerpoint allows you to record narration over your slides and save this as a video file (mp4). This articles describes how to do this in Powerpoint for Office 365, Powerpoint 2019 and PowerPoint 2016.
Record narration and timings
Select Slide Show > Record Slide Show.
Choose from two options:
- Start Recording from Beginning - to record from the beginning of a presentation.
- Start Recording from Current Slide - to record from a specific slide.
Select or clear what you'd like for your recording, and then select Start Recording.
Start speaking or add markings to your presentation.
Note: Audio won't record when slide transitions happen so let these play first before you start speaking.
A sound icon appears on a slide to show when a recording is available.
You can also remove recordings from slides.
Select Record Slide Show > Clear.
Choose from four options:
- Clear Timing on Current Slide - to delete timings on the current slide.
- Clear Timings on All Slides - to delete timings from all slides at once.
- Clear Narration on Current Slide - to delete narration on the current slide.
- Clear Narration on All Slides - to delete narration on all slides at once.
When you're done recording, save and share your presentation as a video. You can then upload this to your My Media on Blackboard.
Select File > Export
Select where you'd like to save your presentation to.
Under Export as type, select the dropdown arrow and then select Mp4
Watch a short video
This short video (11mins) explains the steps above.
Powerpoint's recording studio
PowerPoints recording studio now gives you an enhanced recording experience and more options when recording your presentation:
Learn more about Powerpoint's recording studio here.